- There are many things to do in Westwood in Los Angeles or close by
- Annenberg Space for Photography http://www.annenbergphotospace.org/
Exhibitions of digital and print photography in an intimate environment; features renowned and emerging talents. Includes slide shows, news and events.
- Century City Shopping Center http://www.westfield.com/centurycity/
One of the most beautiful high-end shopping centers in the world. This outdoor mall features stores galore and is a must-eat venue for foodies.
- Getty Center http://www.getty.edu/museum/
This beautiful museum resents the Getty’s collection of Western art from the Middle Ages to the present against a backdrop of dramatic architecture, tranquil gardens, and breathtaking views.
- Getty Villa http://www.getty.edu/visit/
This unique structure is an exact replica of the ancient city of Herculeam – a short distance from Pompeii. You will see ancient antiquities — as well smell the herbs that were used in the gardens at that time in history.
- Hammer Museum http://www.hammer.ucla.edu/
Permanent collections include the Armand Hammer Collection of Art which is primarily composed of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works.
- Holmby Park http://www.holmbypark.com/
Just a few minutes walk from 10401 Wilshire, Holmby Park features an 18-hole pitch-and-put golf course, lawn bowling, walking/running track, children’s playground and barbeque.
- Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills
The world-famous Rodeo Drive features high-end shops and restaurants and is located just 1.5 miles down the boulevard from the 10401 Wilshire Building.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center http://www.uclahealth.org/reagan/Pages/default.aspx
Delivering world-class medical treatment using cutting-edge technology in a patient-focused environment. The large, sunny, private patient rooms feature terrific, wireless Internet access, while maximizing personal attention and holistic healing.
- UCLA http://www.ucla.edu/
Just 15 minutes by foot from 10401 Wilshire, UCLA was founded in 1919 and is the flagship for the University of California schools. Known for being one of the world’s best research universities, students come to study from every continent.
- Fowler Museum http://www.fowler.ucla.edu/
- UCLA Sculpture Gardens http://hammer.ucla.edu/collections/franklin-d-murphy-sculpture-garden/
- UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden Warner Avenue Elementary School http://www.warnerwave.com/lausd/
Serving grades K-5 in the L.A. Unified School District, it is among the few public elementary schools in California to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 10 out of 10. Families move to 10401 Wilshire expressly to enroll their children.
- Fairburn Elementary- http://www.fairburnschool.org/
- Weswood Charter Elementary http://www.westwoodcharter.org/
- Emerson Middle School http://www.emersonms-lausd-ca.schoolloop.com/
- Westwood Village
“Westwood Village” – full of eateries and shops – is a 15-minute walk from 10401 Wilshire. On any given evening you might catch the crowds at a movie premiere at one of the famous theaters – the Fox or Bruin.
- Westwood Village Memorial park Cemetary – Marilyn Monroe,Natalie Wood, Dean Martin to name just a few of the famous buried here in this small cemetery in Westwood http://www.dignitymemorial.com/pierce-brothers-westwood-village-memorial-park/en-us/index.page
- Geffen Theater http://geffenplayhouse.com/
- Westwood Recreation Center- has many great classes, tennis, olympic pool, camps http://www.laparks.org/dos/reccenter/facility/westwoodRC.htm
- Farmers Market- Thursdays 12-6 on Broxton
There arethings to do in Westwood. I have listed some above. We have wonderful Persian, Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Indonesian,Lebanese cuisine restaurants along Westwood Blvd and in Westwood Village. For more things to do in Westwood, try a bike ride around the grounds of UCLA on a Saturday or Sunday. Its very quiet and leisurely. The old Crest Theater is showing various movies. The W Hotel has events. The IMAX theater on Wilshire is a great experience to see a movie. Refer to my restaurant list in Westwood. There are many architectural homes in Westwood, Bel Air, and Beverly Hills to see. If you are thinking of relocating, or thinking of selling your home , I know so much about the community and homes. Contact me for all your real estate needs. https://caronschwartz.com